Monday, August 25, 2008

PC Thuggery

This is a few weeks old, but I came across it again and I remember the initial controversy surrounding it. It's a commercial that Nissan aired in Israel that has a bunch of sheiks kicking the car for it's fuel efficiency. Apparently making fun of oil tycoons is racist, whereas some people thought it was propaganda because it was aired exclusively in Israel. I say that typifying all middle easterners as car-kicking, foreigner-hating oil tycoons is racist. They're making fun of a specific segment of the population that makes their money via the energy industry, I see no children or women in full head-to-toe dress joining in the kicking fun. People will find anything to call "hate crime!" on nowadays, and I'd like to say that if it was a bunch of Texans with 10-gallon hats and cowboy boots kicking the same car, no one would have a problem with it but I'm sure people would still be offended and act like morons or throw out vague idiotic threats. Anyway, the commercial is pretty good, so give it a whirl.




Via Japan Probe

No comments :

napaJapan - candy, bento and more!