Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sket One Ketchup Dunny

I ran across this Dunny from 2010 a long while ago, but every time a new series debuts, I will invariably want several in the set. Usually the common, cheaper ones, but more often than not, also the rarer (read: more expensive on eBay) kind if not the chase figures. So when I started getting into these, I was enamored by more than just this set at the time, thus my forgetting that this oddball beauty existed.

The problem with these when I was originally looking for one, was that people were selling them in sets. There was a mustard one,a relish one, a mayo one, and this one. I forget which is the chase figure, but they'd sell all four for crazygonuts amounts of money like $150. I didn't want mayo, I wanted ketchup. Finally, the other day I was doing a search for the new Dunny Evolution set, and for some reason an auction for this one popped up, and for way less than I'd seen it before.

Aside from being the coolest, my favorite, and the most mysterious condiment, ketchup (that is, the modern one) has been produced and perfected mainly in my hometown, Pittsburgh, by Heinz. That, and I've always loved the Heinz logo/ketchup label.


 

 

No comments :

napaJapan - candy, bento and more!