Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Belated Updates Part 1

For whatever reason (usually a combination of procrastination & knowing that not many people read this), I'll take pictures of stuff that I get, but not post them for a long time. In the last month or so I've gotten lotsa little one-item packages & posted em, but I didn't post the more elaborate shipment I got from my proxy bidding service. So here comes the backlog:



In Japan, the Morinaga candy/food company has a mascot Kyoro-chan that I love a lot. Somehow through random searching I found a series of "Campaign Presents" (i.e. - contest prizes) that you'd collect points from Morinaga items to enter with.
These are called Omocha no Kanzume, or, おもちゃの缶詰, which essentially means "toys packed in cans". They go back several years, and they span from cheap plastic toys packed in metal bins of different shapes, to what you see here.
This one is a wind-up music box featuring several Kyoro-chan, dressed up like various musician-in-an-orchestra stereotypes. It plays the Kyoro-chan/Morinaga theme
Close-up




Bleach Netsuke Gashapon, Ichigo & Kon
Bleach Netsuke Gashapon, Hitsugaya, Byakuya & Rukia
More Bleach Netsuke Gashapon, (my first Mayuri figure)
Bleach Soul Ring Swing Gashapon
Bleach Soul Ring Swing Gashapon (again)
Reimu Hakurei Touhou Nendo
Reimu Hakurei Touhou Nendo
Sakuya Izayoi Touhou Nendo
Sakuya Izayoi Touhou Nendo
Marisa Kirisame Touhou Nendo
Marisa Kirisame Touhou Nendo
Touhou Project Puchi Nendo Set 1
And again.
Touhou Project Puchi Nendo Set 1
Another Kanzume, from 2001
Closed up
Opened. When you turn the switch on, the column lights up with a pattern, the Kyoros whirl & dance & it plays music
A spring-loaded Kyoro-Ball candy box, kinda like a variation on the snake in the peanut jar gag
Bought a bunch of random Kyoro stuff from one seller, this huge metal Kyoro Kanzume came with it. He's like 13 or 14 inches tall, he's huge!
Touhou badges that Toranoana threw in with the box of figures you see below.
Toranoana Touhou figures, they were a lot bigger than I thought they would be, and they're very cute!
Another Kanzume, the latest, in fact. I bought it for the chest, the contents were kinda crappy, lol
Another Kanzume, the latest, in fact. I bought it for the chest, the contents were kinda crappy, lol
Another Kanzume, the latest, in fact. I bought it for the chest, the contents were kinda crappy, lol
More Kyoro stuff I bought en masse from one seller
A full set of Bleach Soundrop Gashapon
A really cool Keroro Cuckoo Clock. I was disappointed to see that Keroro only weaves back & forth & doesn't come out on the hour or anything, but still really cool nonetheless.
Had to create a shelf just for all of the new Touhou stuff!

No comments :

napaJapan - candy, bento and more!