Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal Watch 鋼の錬金術師フルメタルウォッチ
























A watch from SquEnix's mail-in service via Shonen GanGan back in like 2006, I found an obi from an FMA manga the one day recently and never realized that it even existed back then. So I decided to hop on YJA and lo and behold, I found one for only like 5000yen (they were something like 8000 at retail). It runs on inertia, meaning you charge it up by swinging your arm while walking with it on, or shaking it or whatever. I know that tech has been around for a long time, but this is the first watch I've owned with it. It's fairly hefty, the design is really neat, like whenever something is transmuted in the series, with 2 Flamel crosses on either side, and you can't really see it well in the pic I took, but the back has a visible moving element when the watch is ticking. It came in a really neat embossed box with a case and a chain, wrapped around a pillow, all in all an amazing set up for a watch under $100.

No comments :

napaJapan - candy, bento and more!