Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hiatus Updates


So I said I'd post my contentions with ebay and it's denizens, and I'll recount two stories I can think of off the top of my head, here. One will be etched in my memory forever just because it's so ridiculous. I had posted an auction for a Marvel Vs Capcom advertisement, desktop mini-standee thing, and also a guidebook for the game Dark Cloud 2, each with a $2 shipping cost attached. An irritant wins both auctions, I hear nothing from him after sending him an invoice. Six days or so pass with zero contact, and I send another invoice with the requisite $4 shipping. So I get a reply asking why I'm charging "double shipping". dot dot dot. . . 2+2 = 4 does it not? I think that $2 per item is more than generous, and so apparently does the post office which wanted $6.85 to ship both items first class. So this person fights tooth and nail with me to get me down to $2 shipping, which, I don't care about the two damned dollars in the first place, so I just relented. As I mentioned, the post office wanted $6.85 shipping, and I wasn't about to eat $5, so I sent it media mail (it was a book, after all) for $2 something and he'll be waiting like 2 weeks for it. The "twist" if you could call it that, was that the fellow in question has a store on ebay. Upon looking through the items he had sold in the last 15 days, many were up over $100, however there were TWO World of Warcraft sealed limited editions that sold for $850 a piece, and this guy was getting pissy over $2. Two items of the more than 20 or so in the last half of a month brought in $1600 and somehow my $2 charge for shipping is crossing the line.

The second is a blanket thing more or less, with one example that sticks out. A person from Mexico won an auction I had up for the GBA game Sword of Mana, and basically demanded that I give him a tracking number for his package. He paid $10 for the game and $4 shipping. People want insurance and tracking and magic flying puppies for $5 shipping with no compromises and then bitch when you can't provide it nownownow, and that was the best example I could think of.

Anyway, I got more schwag over the past few days, picture at the top of the post. The Yoko oppai mousepad has softer, erm, "wrist rests" than the Doki Doki Majo Shinpan one I just sold.

No comments :

napaJapan - candy, bento and more!