Friday, September 26, 2008

Hiatusness


So I've been on "hiatus" for approximately 16 days now. This is due in part to the fact that I'm lazy, but also because I've been liquidating a lot of my old junk on ebay, and it's a very time-consuming process. One would think that ebaying just involves putting an auction up and then sending off packages, but there are a lot of (potentially obnoxious) steps in between. I plan on leaving this country within the next 4 years, and for the next two I plan on being very busy. So while my job is still relegated to the back burner and I have oodles of freetime on my hands, I figured I'd go through all of my old crap that I don't want anymore and sell it all off. This plan works two-fold: for one, I'll get a lot of money off of this (I've made $1000 in about 4 weeks' time and I've not even made a dent in the pile of crap that I have to get rid of), and when I finally do decide to move -- whether it be to Japan or New Jersey -- I'll have gotten rid of the lion's share of stuff that I would have otherwise thrown out, instead of shipping it or putting it on a moving truck.

I also redid some of the living space, evidenced by the picture above. Later I'll post some of the worst moments of the last month regarding my flirtations thus far with ebay.

No comments :

napaJapan - candy, bento and more!